6 ECTS credits
175 h study time
Offer 1 with catalog number 4019819FNR for all students in the 1st and 2nd semester at a (F) Master - specialised level.
Student operates minimum 4 weeks in a company or hospital (national or international).
•Project based working: formulation of targets, target-wise reporting, Keep track of the outcome and project development.
• to function as a team in a multidisciplinary environment.
• Written, oral and graphical reporting concerning a technical or scientific topic.
• Act in an ethical, professional and social way.
• To be aware of the main commercial, legal of the own engineering discipline.
• To show perseverance, a drive for innovation and the creation of added value
Depending on the kind of and activity during the internship, the internship will can lead to some extra outcomes in one or more competences as listed below
verwerven, van één of meerdere van onderstaande competenties:
• To master advanced knowledge in the own engineering discipline and application of it in creative complex problem solving
• Make use in a creative and target-oriented way of domain specific Computer Aided Engineering
• (CAE) tools and advanced ICT means.
• Selection and application of the most suitable model, method and techniques
• Critical and objective assessment of own results and these from literature.
• Adapt to a flexible and professional conditions.
• Master the complexity of technical systems by exploiting system or process models.
• Bridge the gap between conflicting specs and boundary conditions in an innovative design, process.
• Convert incomplete, conflicting or redundant data in usefull information.
• Dispose of sufficient ready information an understanding to check complex calculations and make first order estimations.
• Pay attention to the cradle-to-grave aspects of systems, machines, processes.
• Pay attention to aspects of energy efficiency, environmental impact, and material consumption and personnel costt.
• Pay attention to aspects of reliability, safety, and ergonomy.
• Having insight in and understand the importance of the role of entrepreneurs in society
The final grade is composed based on the following categories:
PRAC Presentation determines 20% of the final mark.
PRAC Internship determines 60% of the final mark.
PRAC Report determines 20% of the final mark.
Within the PRAC Presentation category, the following assignments need to be completed:
Within the PRAC Internship category, the following assignments need to be completed:
Within the PRAC Report category, the following assignments need to be completed:
Continous evaluation inside the company by technica coordinator inside the company/hospital
Global evaluation on the basis of a report and oral presentation of this report
This course offer isn't part of a fixed set of graduation requirements. Hence, it is a free elective.