Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Inschrijven voor dit studieplan is enkel mogelijk op dossier.
Exchange Master Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management
Incoming Master students in Marine and Lacustrine Science and Management can make a choice among the following courses.
1. Please contact the responsible exchange coordinator, Karolien Van Puyvelde (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss the selection of courses.
2. Make sure you select courses that are offered during your stay; either semester 1 (fall semester) or semester 2 (spring semester).
3. Check the timetables on www.oceansandlakes.be to avoid overlap of your courses.
4. There is an extra cost of approximately 350 - 400 euro when choosing two field courses (6 ECTS)
5. Some of the practicals have a limited number of students that can participate. Make sure to check this with the responsible exchange coordinator.
6. Several courses are taught at UGhent or Uantwerp, as our Master is an interuniversity programme.
|4ECTS credits - Oceanography|
|3ECTS credits - Integrated Field Course at Sea|
|6ECTS credits - Paleoclimatology and Climate Change|
|6ECTS credits - Physiology of Aquatic Organisms|
|6ECTS credits - Aquatic Microbial Ecology|
|3ECTS credits - Governance and Policy in Development and Cooperation - Part I|
|3ECTS credits - Governance and Policy in Development and Cooperation - Part II|
|3ECTS credits - Introduction to GIS|
|5ECTS credits - Estuarine and Coastal Systems|
|3ECTS credits - Data and Information Management|
|3ECTS credits - Introduction to Marine and Lacustrine Biology|
|3ECTS credits - Introduction to Data Mining|
|3ECTS credits - Advanced Applied Statistics|
|3ECTS credits - Marine Genomics|
|3ECTS credits - Marine Food Web Ecology|
|3ECTS credits - Ecology of Coastal Seas|
|6ECTS credits - Marine Extreme Systems|
|3ECTS credits - Law and Ethics on Conservation of Aquatic Systems|
|3ECTS credits - Lacustrine Systems|
|3ECTS credits - Integrated Coastal Zone Management|
|3ECTS credits - Conservation Genetics|
|3ECTS credits - Environmental Impact Assessment|
|3ECTS credits - Law of the Sea and Protection of Oceans|
|5ECTS credits - In-situ and Remote Sensing Tools in Aquatic Sciences|
|6ECTS credits - Advanced Sedimentology|
|6ECTS credits - Paleobiology of Micro-Organisms|
|3ECTS credits - Seminars: Case Studies on Biodiversity Management|
|6ECTS credits - Aquatic Ecotoxicology and Environmental Monitoring|
|6ECTS credits - Ecosystem Based Adaptation to Global Change|
|3ECTS credits - Environmental Modelling|
|3ECTS credits - Integrated Estuarine field Course|
|3ECTS credits - Water Quality|
|6ECTS credits - Applied Geomorphology|
|3ECTS credits - Natural Risk Management|
|3ECTS credits - Methods of Scientific Diving|
|6ECTS credits - Analysis of Biological Data|
|3ECTS credits - Stable Isotope Geochemistry|
|6ECTS credits - Marine Fisheries Ecology and Management|
|3ECTS credits - Marine Biodiversity|
|6ECTS credits - Global Change Physiology|
|3ECTS credits - Biogeochemistry|
|6ECTS credits - Integrated Offshore Exploration|
|5ECTS credits - Freshwater Ecology|
|5ECTS credits - Limnology|
|3ECTS credits - Integrated Marine Coastal Ecology Field Course|